Official stock firmwares are those that are leaked from Samsung and are made available for download for the users. You can install these official firmwares on your device –without voiding your device's warranty– by two ways. One way is to use Samsung Kies to Upgrade your firmware to latest version and other is to use Odin Multidownlaoder app to flash downloaded firmwares on your device. The second method is usually preferred since it is very fast and safe to most extend (i.e. if you know what you are doing). So, in this article I will tell you how you can upgrade your device's firmware to official updates from Samsung using Odin.
To flash a firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 you need the five things listed below :
So, once you have got all the requisites then you are ready to begin. So, when everything is set, follow the instructions below to flash the firmware on your device.
1. Make sure you have all required things –Install required drivers, download Odin and Cooper file. Also, do a backup of all the files in internal storage (contacts, apps and all).
2. Download any of the latest firmware for your device from sammobile.com or (from this page which I will create later).
3. Now, extract your download and examine it.
4. If you have got a single .tar or .tar.md5 file then configure as said in Step A. Otherwise, if you have got two or more (usually four) .tar or .tar.md5 files then configure Odin as said in Step B.
|Configuring Odin with one package file.|
|Selecting multiple files in Odin.|
5. Now, once odin is configured, power off your galaxy ace.
6. Boot up your device in download mode (Press Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously).
7. Only when your phone is in download mode, then connect it to your PC via USB Cable.
8. Once connected in download mode, Odin will say Detected! (see the image below) and then you may press Start button.
|Do not proceed ahead until Odin recognize/ detects your device.|
9. Wait for about 5-6 minutes for Odin to flash the firmware and then when it says PASS at the top left box, you may disconnect your device.
|Wait till Odin says PASS. This is the notification that your device is successfully upgraded.|
That's all. You have successfully upgraded your device to latest firmware available. Please, note that you may need to do a data wipe and cache wipe after flashing the firmware for a clean install. Also, if your device is stuck in Samsung logo for a long time, then go to recovery (Press Home + Power button) and do a factory reset/wipe data and wipe cache and reboot your device. It will boot fine after that.
Now, take some time to explorer you new firmware as well as restore your apps and data from any backup you did earlier. Enjoy the latest Android OS on your device. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you are stuck at any of the steps above.